CarmarthenMagic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Report 27.11.11

2 posters

Go down

Modern Report 27.11.11 Empty Modern Report 27.11.11

Post  PestyChi Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:24 am

Thought I'd post a report for the guys who couldn't make it. Shame there was only the four of us but circumstances didn't really allow...

Match One 0-2
My first opponent was Nathan (my first tournament in a year, why wouldn't it be?) who was playing DeathCloud...a nasty black/green discardy type deck. First game started pretty well, I managed to come out really fast and started dealing damage pretty quick. It wasn't long until he was making me discard and sacrifice stuff all over the place. I managed to get him to 3 life and thought i might be able to win but he then played a kitchen finks and beat me into oblivion. Game two was very similar.

Match Two 2-1
Matt was opponent number two and, I must admit, I was rather worried after playing him on Monday. Luckily for me, my deck drew like an absolute dream and, again, I came out swinging straight away. Game one was over pretty quick but in game two Matt managed to get Nissa out and gained more life than i could deal with. I was then obliterated by his Ezuri pumped elves. Third game my deck performed brilliantly for me again, although i think matt may have been a bit mana screwed :/

Match Three 1-2
I played Iain next who was running a seriously off the wall deck which was basically Thrumming Stone and Relentless Rats! First game his combo went off in spectacular style, dealing 130 damage on turn 5 :shock: Game two I managed to hold him off with my sideboarded counters and beat him down with my flyers. Game three, his combo went off again and there was nothing I could do about it.

Match Four 0-2
My final opponent was Rob plying the black creature kill deck. Game one I mulliganed to 6, got totally mana flooded and lost to a Lilliana's Spectre with two Bonehoards equipped :shock: Game two went even worse, mulliganing to 5, getting mana screwed (three mana all game) and just generally sucking really bad. My deck was a total bitch this match and it's a real shame.

Overall my deck did really well. It drew well and was really fast! Apart from the final game against Rob, it was a dream. Just three cards to change to tweak it a bit.

But of course the day was not all about the games, there was also much trading to be done!

Adam and I traded for a buttload of cards

Modern Report 27.11.11 IMG_1248

I also picked up a few free cards from the "free stuff box", a box of cards no one wants :P

Modern Report 27.11.11 IMG_1252

and a few for my sister...

Modern Report 27.11.11 IMG_1250

We also saw a really neat cake whilst walking to the pub!

Modern Report 27.11.11 IMG_1244

A very good day all round. i thoroughly enjoyed myself :D
PestyChi
PestyChi

Back to top Go down

Modern Report 27.11.11 Empty Re: Modern Report 27.11.11

Post  Lord_Migit Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

wow congrats on the tournament. Is the decklist the one that is on the forum?

How did rusty do?
Lord_Migit
Lord_Migit

Back to top Go down

Post  PestyChi Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:42 pm

No it's not, it's a tweaked version (will put it up after work).

Rusty wasn't too happy....he got 4 points but felt his deck was lacking :/ (in his words behaved like shit). He drew against Rob and won against James Sawyer's Melira Pod. Lost to Ky's through the breach emrakul and Matt's elves.
PestyChi
PestyChi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down