CarmarthenMagic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SCD] Dust Elemental

3 posters

Go down

[SCD] Dust Elemental Empty [SCD] Dust Elemental

Post  Rusty Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:39 am

So I've been looking at this card;

[SCD] Dust Elemental Image

And I reckon it could be used in a Modern legal Soul Sisters deck. It has a major drawback, but can the drawback be turned to an advantage?

With modern switching to more aggro vs control, there will be more sweepers around, responding to a firespout by flashing this guy in and unsummoning 2 sisters and a pridemate seems pretty sweet, and having a flying 6/6 beater with extra evasion seems pretty nifty.

In the same way, you can respond to a wrath effect (day of judgment/wrath of god) and return 2 crucial creatures and Dust Elemental itself back to hand to create potential card advantage vs control.
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

https://carmarthenmagic.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

[SCD] Dust Elemental Empty Re: [SCD] Dust Elemental

Post  Rykaan Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:00 am

wonder if there are any useful creatures with leaves play triggers as well as the life gain creatures it could work with.
Rykaan
Rykaan

Back to top Go down

Post  PestyChi Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:18 am

Rykaan wrote:wonder if there are any useful creatures with leaves play triggers as well as the life gain creatures it could work with.

Not sure, works well with persist mind you. Turn 1 soul sister, turn 2 pridemate. turn 3 kitchen finks.. keep on swinging until your ready to flash in Dusty and return all to hand, and start again with a 6/6 flyer on the field.

Having fear aswell puts them on a 4 turn or less clock as they probably won't have blockers for him.
PestyChi
PestyChi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 am

Oh, that was me, forgot I signed in as Helen to change her avatar for her.
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

https://carmarthenmagic.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum